Liontamer

ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Basically yeah, exactly for the reason you referenced :). It might be a good idea to link the competition in the description, though, for some context.

thats usually what i do. i just tag it with other stuff like " vgm remix" and the name of the game. i just know an older song of mine was tagged with ocr and didnt know if i should remove it. thanks for the clarification :)

This one is directed at Liontamer. Did you get my PM about my FFVI song (the one that I asked to be rejected and then resubmitted)?

I don't want to be a bother but I think two panel updates have happened since I sent that PM so I'm not sure if the PM ever reached you.

This one is directed at Liontamer. Did you get my PM about my FFVI song (the one that I asked to be rejected and then resubmitted)?

I don't want to be a bother but I think two panel updates have happened since I sent that PM so I'm not sure if the PM ever reached you.

I did. Will get that on panel (along with my vote) this weekend. :-) Looking forward to it.

Who is the best person to get in touch with if I want to recommend someone for workshop mod? Thanks.

PM me, Kristina.

Good day to you, almighty primarchs.

I was wondering what the OCR stance is on remixing original material from fan-made game mods. To be more specific, this. It's a mod of Commander Keen 6, but the levels, graphics and storyline are brand new, so it's basically a new game that uses the Commander Keen 6 game engine. It hasn't been "officially" published, though. It's just fan shareware.

The music is also completely original and has been composed by fans specifically for the game mod.

Would those tracks be eligible for remixing?

I was wondering what the OCR stance is on remixing original material from fan-made game mods. To be more specific, this. It's a mod of Commander Keen 6, but the levels, graphics and storyline are brand new, so it's basically a new game that uses the Commander Keen 6 game engine. It hasn't been "officially" published, though. It's just fan shareware.

The music is also completely original and has been composed by fans specifically for the game mod.

sorry, no; official releases only.

Honestly, it's not something I've encountered before, at least to my knowledge; maybe it has been by the site pre-2004, but so far the answer would be no. I can't speak for djpretzel, and it's something he may want to clarify.

In this case, it's an unofficial Commander Keen game made from the CK6 engine. Unofficial games using copyrighted characters complicates the issue as to what are viable games to arrange. So far we've kept source games limited to commercial or otherwise notable games where the legality of its release is clear.

As cool as a game like this is, offhand I don't see allowing ReMixes of original music from even high-quality unofficial games like this, or some of the Sonic fan games, or Streets of Rage Remake. I believe I'm getting at what djp's rationale, but I could be wrong, and he would articulate his feelings here better than I could.

For my artist profile pic, does it have to be somewhat related to music? Don't really have many pictures of myself so I was just gonna grabs random one off facebook..

Edit: also thanks a bunch for grabbing all my information like y'all did. I don't even remembering giving that stuff to y'all lol.

Edited by urdailywater

For my artist profile pic, does it have to be somewhat related to music? Don't really have many pictures of myself so I was just gonna grabs random one off facebook..

Edit: also thanks a bunch for grabbing all my information like y'all did. I don't even remembering giving that stuff to y'all lol.

I try and keep all the artist links as up to date as I can. :-)

Whatever pic you'd like to use doesn't have to be related to music, it just has to contain your face. Feel free to PM me with it and we'll add it soon!

I did. Will get that on panel (along with my vote) this weekend. :-) Looking forward to it.

Not to be a pain in the ass but it didn't reach the panel in this update :sad: There are some Resubs from even April in the panel so it's weird that mine (sent in March) isn't there.

Not to be a pain in the ass but it didn't reach the panel in this update :sad: There are some Resubs from even April in the panel so it's weird that mine (sent in March) isn't there.

It's on there now, jn, that's my fault, sorry. No worries about the judges list, that'll be updated again and will have you listed then.

For everyone else, I'll be taking over the inbox once again this month in order to truck through the backlog, starting some time next week.

It's on there now, jn, that's my fault, sorry. No worries about the judges list, that'll be updated again and will have you listed then.

Thanks! Hope my first judging isn't terrible :mrgreen:

For everyone else, I'll be taking over the inbox once again this month in order to truck through the backlog, starting some time next week.

Thanks dude. :mrgreen:

Hey sorry for the DOUBLE post but I just noticed you guys ninja-entered the music video version of my recent Wild Arms into the mixpost thing... I gotta say I was surprised to see this was done, but it makes a lot of sense. Was this because of what the youtube commenter said on the recent youtube upload? Hmm the comment isn't there anymore but the guy basically asked "Are you guys going to update the ocremix youtube video?"

Or was this done before that?

I think it's a cool idea, is this something that you could see OCR doing for all of the mixposts? The ones that people make videos for, I mean.

I thought with Version 6 of OCR (upcoming) that it would have things for the ocr upload, music video if available, and link to the source for the song?

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Edited by Liontamer
double post merge

Hey sorry for the DOUBLE post but I just noticed you guys ninja-entered the music video version of my recent Wild Arms into the mixpost thing... I gotta say I was surprised to see this was done, but it makes a lot of sense. Was this because of what the youtube commenter said on the recent youtube upload? Hmm the comment isn't there anymore but the guy basically asked "Are you guys going to update the ocremix youtube video?"

Or was this done before that?

I think it's a cool idea, is this something that you could see OCR doing for all of the mixposts? The ones that people make videos for, I mean.

I thought with Version 6 of OCR (upcoming) that it would have things for the ocr upload, music video if available, and link to the source for the song?

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I think it's a pretty cool idea.

We'll update the main video later. You're overthinking things, but only because we already thunk them. :lol: So yes, this was done a while ago, you just didn't notice it, when there's a video by the artist and we know of it, we link that.

We'll update the main video later. You're overthinking things, but only because we already thunk them. :lol: So yes, this was done a while ago, you just didn't notice it, when there's a video by the artist and we know of it, we link that.

That's a cool idea actually! I actually tried seeing if the same was done for "The Root of All Things" in spite of the one on my YT page being the WCRG version, but nevertheless I'm all in for giving props to the visual side of OCR too.

(Now if only if I can end up at a point where I don't have to revise things so much... xD)

That's a cool idea actually! I actually tried seeing if the same was done for "The Root of All Things" in spite of the one on my YT page being the WCRG version, but nevertheless I'm all in for giving props to the visual side of OCR too.

(Now if only if I can end up at a point where I don't have to revise things so much... xD)

Video has to be the same version as the OCR one.

Video has to be the same version as the OCR one.

Oh.... is that why you changed it back? :-P

Because as far as I know there's only a little difference, which

, where I had tried doing the harmony with guitar for this part in the solo (before changing it to glockenspiel for the ocr version)

I try to put up the final versions on youtube but sometimes it's just a matter of some small changes before something gets subbed. :-( Or lately, big changes after being subbed. :<

I just submitted something, but I didn't get a confirmation email. Can a judge tell me if they got the email? I don't want to send two by accident.

Not seeing anything from you today. Sure, send it again. Sending something twice is OK; shit happens.

this might be a dumb question, ok two dumb questions:

1. whats the difference between projects and the recruitment thread? is one official and one not?

2. do you have to be posted to join an official project? or just workshop the hell out of a mix until its up to proper quality?