pixietricks and I are officially engaged.

zircon

After having met nearly three years ago at the first New York City meetup (Winter 2005), I proposed to the lovely Jillian Goldin. (aka pixietricks!) The deed was done at the same restaurant where we went to breakfast the morning after the meetup had ended; it was also where we ate the day we started officially dating, on July 4th, 2006.

Here's a pic of us there, with ShonenSamurai, GeoffreyTaucer and D-Lux (Dec 31st, 2005)

33.jpg

For those who don't know how we actually started dating... it again relates to OCR! We were enjoying a nice lunch at our "hosts-only" VGDJ meetup and I made a comment to the effect of, "Wouldn't it be nice if people on OCR could all get together in the same city? Then, we could all hang out more often." Jill sort of smiled and giggled at this, not a response I was expecting, and when I asked her why, she refused to tell me. For the rest of the day, I kept trying to figure out what made her react that way, and continued to ask her to just tell me. Finally, after seeing a nice fireworks show and spending several hours talking in the wee hours of the morning, we were all set to go to bed and I finally just got the courage to ask if she giggled like that because she was interested in dating. The rest is history. :)

n5405592_30504455_1607.jpg

This is a picture of us from two and a half years ago, the day after we started dating. This very spot is where I ended up proposing to her. (Note the OCR shirt!)

Anyway, this relationship wouldn't have ever happened without OCR, so a big THANK YOU to not only djp but also everyone in the community, ReMixers and listeners alike, for making this place so awesome. :)

CONGRATS!!! this has MADE MY DAY! :)

wishing you both a lifetime of joy, good health, and prosperity together!

-p

What she said. :nicework:

LARRY's shameless edit: Get Jill's new holiday album, Through Sand and Snow, to celebrate their engagement and keep the monies flowing to prevent divorce! :lol:

http://www.jilliangoldin.com/

Click play at the bottom for the previews, it's awesome.

img1-lg.png